Monday, January 12, 2009

Road Trip

Ava went on her first big road trip last week. Her cousin, Catherine, flew out to help me drive from our house to Michigan. Pre-baby the trip took about 10 hours; post-baby it took 12. Thank goodness Catherine was there to help!!

We arrived at Grandma and Grandpa's house around 9:30. We hadn't been there for more than a few minutes when Great Grandma Joyce came running into the house. We thought she was going to knock us over to get to the baby. I think she missed her calling as a football player. It had been snowing all day so we were very surprised to see her since she doesn't like to drive either at night or in the snow. It turns out that Uncle Jeff had picked her up to bring her to see Ava.

1 comment:

Richard and Lisa said...

Traveling with a baby...I get to find out how that is in 2 weeks. Can you imagine driving across the country? I'll let you know how it goes. Take care!

our music