Thursday's are Sprinkler Day at Ava's School. We all know how much she loves the water, so this was bound to be a hit with her. Having lived in Arizona, I am conditioned to keep her as protected from the sun as possible. You'll see she is wearing a long-sleeve UV ray protective shirt. What you won't see is how much sunscreen I put on her before sending her to school. By the time we got to school and I took her out of the car seat, she had been rubbing her eye so much that she got sunscreen in it. It was all red and puffy and she was starting to get all blotchy...more proof that I will not be winning Mother-of-the-Year this year.
I called at lunchtime to make sure she was doing better. She was. The teacher that answered the phone, Miss Robyn, has a daughter in Ava's class and had just been taking pictures of all the kids outside having fun. She sent me some of the photos of Ava, so now I can share them with you.
(The boy in yellow in the forefront of the first picture is the boy that Ken doesn't like. Apparently when Ken went to pick up Ava from school one day he was pulling Ava's pony tails. Aaaah...the saga of the over-protective father begins....)
No comments:
Post a Comment