So I went to the doctor today, just as I always do every 4 weeks. At the end of the appointment, the doctor informed me that my next appointment will be the last one that occurs on the 4 week schedule. After my appointment at the beginning of September, I will be visiting the doctor every other week. Holy Cow!!!!! That really makes me realize how quickly Thanksgiving (and the baby) will be here. I don't think I'm ready!!!
So, beginning today, I have gone into full nesting mode. I think of 8 new questions every half hour, like "What do I need to have here when the baby gets here?" "What kind of soap do I wash the baby with?" "Do I put lotion on it every night and if so, what kind?" "Do I need diaper cream?" "How about baby powder--that seems logical. I mean the word 'baby' is right there in the name." Don't get me wrong, I'm an excellent babysitter, however, most parents have everything you need right there. I didn't pay attention to what I was using, when I was using it, and what brand it was. And, no offense to my very loving husband, but he's certainly not going to know. He probably thinks we need a toothbrush and toothpaste. (I love you, darling.)
The point of this blog is to forwarn all of you that I WILL be calling, emailing, and down-right pestering anyone with children for the answers to these and many more of my (what may seem to be trivial) questions. I don't care if your kids are 9 months or 29 years old. You MUST know more than I do. (Please note, that this is the first of many times that this Barker will admit that someone may possibly know more than we do. It's a trait I hope not to pass on to my offspring.)
So, beginning today, I have gone into full nesting mode. I think of 8 new questions every half hour, like "What do I need to have here when the baby gets here?" "What kind of soap do I wash the baby with?" "Do I put lotion on it every night and if so, what kind?" "Do I need diaper cream?" "How about baby powder--that seems logical. I mean the word 'baby' is right there in the name." Don't get me wrong, I'm an excellent babysitter, however, most parents have everything you need right there. I didn't pay attention to what I was using, when I was using it, and what brand it was. And, no offense to my very loving husband, but he's certainly not going to know. He probably thinks we need a toothbrush and toothpaste. (I love you, darling.)
The point of this blog is to forwarn all of you that I WILL be calling, emailing, and down-right pestering anyone with children for the answers to these and many more of my (what may seem to be trivial) questions. I don't care if your kids are 9 months or 29 years old. You MUST know more than I do. (Please note, that this is the first of many times that this Barker will admit that someone may possibly know more than we do. It's a trait I hope not to pass on to my offspring.)



2 comments:
We're here to answer your questions!! Just let us know :0
Sara
Thanks, Sara!!! I'm going to need all the help I can get. You have set the bar extremely high!!!
Post a Comment