Saturday, August 23, 2008

Make Room for the Giraffe

After the realization two weeks ago that our baby is coming sooner rather than later, Ken and I spent last weekend baby shopping. Luckily, our friends Sara, Hope and Gina provided me with a list of necessities when I was in Tucson in July.

Our first stop was Kids and Kribs in Wayne, PA. We picked up our infant car seat and stroller. While Ken went to get our car so that we could load up our purchases, I bought the cutest little set of argyle socks-I couldn't help myself!

The next task was crib shopping. This did not go so well. We spent the entire rest of the day Saturday looking at either ugly or ludicrously expensive cribs. How hard is it to make a modern looking maple (or other light colored) crib? Apparently quite difficult. The second you add the word "modern" to your search you add about $1,000 to your budget. After driving all around the Pennsylvania countryside, we headed for home. Ken spent the rest of the night looking on the internet to no avail.

On Sunday morning, I found a store about 30 minutes from our house that carried cribs so we headed there. We walked in and, to our amazement, found exactly what we were looking for...or at least it was close enough! We were able to order our crib and swivel glider and we also picked up bedding. I had spent the last 6 months extremely opposed to purchasing such a "nicety" (as opposed to necessity) but we both saw the bedding and absolutely loved it. Ken especially likes the 4-foot tall stuffed giraffe that we purchased. There is something about babies that makes perfectly rational adults turn to goo.

Our bedding-definitely NOT our nursery or furniture

1 comment:

Sara said...

Very cute! I have to say thanks for sharing the colors...hint hint!
Miss you!
Sara

our music